[lug] Command line ssh

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Sep 20 10:36:54 MDT 2000

Thus spoke Glenn Murray
> I'm trying to use pine on a remote server via OpenSSH.  The ssh
> man page isn't helping me.
>
> glenn/$ ssh -X <user>@<server> pine
> Can't access terminal or input is not a terminal. Redirection of
> standard input is not allowed. For example "pine < file" doesn't work.

I think you have to use tunneling of the command.  I've only had to do this
with fetchmail, but I think the command looks something like this:

You might look at the -f and -L options to see if those describe what
you're looking for.
--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           |      STRESSED spelled backwards is DESSERTS.