[lug] apt-get

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Wed Sep 20 23:45:43 MDT 2000

Good point.  Yes, it will be in the next version with the new QT 2.0
being (finally) GPL'ed or something like that...

I guess I should have chosen a better example.  There's plenty of things
that don't meet the DFSG.

Chris Riddoch wrote:

> Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com> writes:
> > Ummm, just a quick thought here... if Corel and Debian are
> > "incompatible" (which in many ways they are... Corel adds in stuff that
> > Debian's Free Software Guide won't touch with a ten-foot pole, including
> > KDE) it's Corel that did it, not the Debian folks.
>
> Just for the record Debian's now making a nice collection of KDE
> things, now that the license has changed to fit the appropriate
> guidelines.  Apparently, the next version of QT (or whatever it was
> that Debian was hung up about) is GPLed.  Hmm... either that, or
> dual-licensed.  I'm not certain.
>
> Anyway, KDE is in the unstable branch of Debian now.
>
> --
> Chris Riddoch
> socket at peakpeak.com

| Nate Duehr - nate at natetech.com    | Support Amateur Radio & Linux! |
| Private Pilot, Telephony Engineer |  Ham Callsign: N0NTZ           |
| UNIX Hack, Perl Hack, Tech-Freak  |  Grid Square: DM79             |