[lug] CDRW with linux

John Starkey jstarkey at advancecreations.com
Thu Sep 21 10:07:26 MDT 2000

For the first test I cp'd /usr to cdrom1 and it went great, I knew it was
big enough to fill the disk. I did that without adding any software. The
HOWTO did mention adding cdrecord but I decided to try without it first. I
just took the first cd out and now I wanna try consecutive writes on a new
cd. But it's telling me that the cd is full. Even after umounting the
first (which errored saying it couldn't write /etc/mtab.tmp). So I assume
it's saying it thinks it's still looking at the first disk. I guess
there's a cache left over from the first that hasn't been cleared??

Is there a way to fix this problem without cdrecord? I don't want to add
software if I don't have to. This is mainly for a server so I can backup
client sites, email, and /var/log. I don't want to add any potential
security holes which may come with adding software.

I'm sure that any software that can write to disk can be used
malisciously??

Thanks,

John