[lug] CDROM errors?

Scott A. Herod herod at interact-tv.com
Thu Sep 21 11:18:25 MDT 2000

Hello,

I've got a problem that I think is hardware related, but ....  Watching
dmesg I see repeated errors ( once every 15 to 20 seconds )

"hdc: lost interrupt"

Also, scattered through those is,

"VFS: Disk change detected on device ide1(22,0)"

/proc correctly reports that hdc is my "Pioneer CDRom ATAPI model
DR-A24x 0101" drive.  The diode on the front panel of the CD drive
blinks at about 1hz without anything in it.

Also, while I was digging through error messages, at boot time I see

"ide2: ports already in use, skipping probe"

Is that a problem?  There should be only 2, ide0 and ide1.

Thank you,

Scott Herod