[lug] Segmentation Fault: Acrobat

JEFF PFOHL pfohl at sandia.gov
Thu Sep 21 18:45:44 MDT 2000

I installed Acrobat on my Linux RH 6.1 box over a year ago. Worked
like a charm. Today I tried and got a segmentation fault. I can run it
as root, I can run it as a new user (just created an account to test
this). But with my account it screws up.

What has changed??

I installed Libsafe last week and Portsentry this week. No clue why
either would step on Acrobat.

OK so I remove Acrobat and reinstall from the *.tar file. Same
problems. The Install was in /usr/local/Acrobat3/bin/acroread
FWIW. All permissions were 755.

So I just went and got the RPM file. That install puts it in
/usr/bin/acroread

Cannot run it. Segmentation fault. But it runs from root and from my
test user.

I'm lost. Any ideas?

Thanks!

--
				JEFF PFOHL
			 	E-MAIL: pfohl at sandia.gov
				PHONE : (505) 844-7033  work
					(505) 299-9516  home
        				(505) 844-6729  fax
				http://nucalf.physics.fsu.edu/pfohl

"My grandfather once told me that there are two kinds of people:
 Those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to
 try to be in the first group; there was much less competition."

 - Indira Ghandi, the late Prime Minister of India