[lug] Segmentation Fault: Acrobat

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Thu Sep 21 19:09:46 MDT 2000

Thus spoke JEFF PFOHL
> I'm sorry, I should have mentioned. I renamed my ~/.acrorc to
> ~/.junkrc.acrobat
> I still get the segmentation fault. And it doesn't create a new
> ~/.acrorc
>
> I also maintain a 2nd stand alone machine. Same OS, etc etc. The
> ~/.acrorc files are identical. *sigh* As are all the permissions that
> I can see.

Well, if it's not the rc file, check for a default Acrobat directory.
Maybe there is something in that.  If that doesn't show anything, try
running "strace -o /tmp/acro.txt acroread" to see where it's dying.  If
you're lucky, it might say what file it's trying to read that caused it to
die.

--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           |   I'm not tense, just terribly, terribly alert.