[lug] partitioning software

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sat Sep 23 12:18:00 MDT 2000

>>>>> "Hugh" == Hugh Brown <hugh at math.byu.edu> writes:

Hugh> I have a W2k station at work that has a 20g drive on it.  I
Hugh> don't like windows at all (I have to use it because the company
Hugh> email setup is based on a windows client).  I want to dual boot
Hugh> it.  Does anyone know of partition-magic-like software that I
Hugh> can use to shrink the w2k partition down to about 7 gig so that
Hugh> I can use the rest for linux?  I have grown too accustom to the
Hugh> world of linux and I don't want to pay $70 for partition magic.

You might try checking out 'parted'... free partition editor.

http://www.gnu.org/software/parted

Hugh> Hugh

kevin