[lug] rotating logs

John Starkey jstarkey at advancecreations.com
Sun Sep 24 12:16:29 MDT 2000

> >From the logrotate man page:
>
>    Normally, logrotate is run as a daily cron job.   It  will
>    not modify a log multiple times in one day unless the cri­
>    terium for that log is based on the log's size and  logro­
>    tate  is  being run multiple times each day, or unless the
>    -f or -force option is used.

Ok. I heard 7-11 is hiring. I did read and try the above... but...

So how do I find out what commands are available to su root?? And I did
just look at the man su page. And I tried su -m to see if by retaining the
env variables I could use root commands.

Anyway. I forgot I was su'd when I tried to run logrotate, even checked
/bin for the command.

John