[lug] Choice of NIC's and a Hub

Ian Hall-Beyer manuka at nerdherd.net
Sun Sep 24 22:04:15 MDT 2000

On Sun, 24 Sep 2000, Howard Smith wrote:

> I am considering buying a Net gear FE 108 hub and Netgear FA 310TX
> cards.
> Any coments from the voices of experience out there? This is for a home
> network of 5 machines and 3 printers.

We use the DS104's at work in all kinds of situations, they're great. Only
caveat I know of on the FA310TX is that linux has some throughput issues
when it shares a PCI bus with an adaptec 2940.

-Ian

--
<cosmo> wow, this is kinda nifty. the win98 protocol stack is
like a chinese finger puzzle, twist and turn in the right places,