[lug] journaling fs

Andrew Diederich andrew at NETdelivery.com
Tue Sep 26 08:41:39 MDT 2000

> Anybody here using a journaling fs regularly? Any impressions you
> might have on it? How about the migration to using it? Are you
> using it on the / partition?
>
> LP

I use ReiserFS at home on my SuSE 6.4 box.  I can't remember if I
have it on my / partition, though.  Seems to work just dandy.  On
the postfix mail list there are disagreements on whether or not to
use it for your mail spool dirs.  The arguments break out as "it
is the best thing since sliced bread," "I'll wait till it's stable,"
and "I haven't talked to Hans Reiser enough to decide if it's best for
small files."

--
Andrew Diederich
andrew at netdelivery.com