[lug] dsl

Michael J. Pedersen marvin at keepthetouch.org
Tue Sep 26 14:44:54 MDT 2000

On Tue, Sep 26, 2000 at 02:19:20PM -0600, ljp wrote:
> By way of a miraculous miracle, QWest finally made it the 8 blocks from the
> old USWest building (can't be an office- no windows.. or maybe it is, I
> don't know), and I am jumping on the broadband bandwagon. ( woohoooooo..
> NASA-TV is going to be much more fun) Is a P-133 enough power to run as a
> firwall, for a 256 connection?  I only have a small home network, 2 or 3
> computers. Whats the lowest CPU/RAM that could possibly be useful?

For the record, I'm running a P133 as a web server, firewall, ssh server, and
others, without problem to date. I upgraded the ram on it from 32 megs when I
was trying to use it as a workstation as well. Typical loads, for me, are in
the area of 0.00. In other words, that'll be MORE than enough :)

--
Michael J. Pedersen
My GnuPG KeyID: 4E724A60        My Public Key Available At: wwwkeys.pgp.net