[lug] Public Key Signings

Michael J. Pedersen marvin at keepthetouch.org
Wed Sep 27 11:21:25 MDT 2000

Okay, I'm finally ready with the plan for all this. Sorry it's taken so long,
I've been busy with work (200+ makefiles really does suck, BTW).

Basically, here's what I'll be asking everybody to do:
id, if you have your key uploaded to a server), and, very important, SIGN your
reply with your key.

2) Show up at the next lug meeting. Bring along a couple of things with you:
	a) Some form of identification. Picture ID is a must, unless I already
	know you from the last meeting.
	b) Your public key id number (should be 8 characters long).
	c) Your public key fingerprint.

3) After the presentation and Q&A are over, I'll be finding people, matching
names with keys, verifying identities with the above information I asked you
to bring along. If possible, I'll do this up at front of the room, to make it
quicker.

4) After that's done, anybody that would like a copy of my public key, please
come see me. I'll have a laptop along with me, and will give you a signed copy
of my public key right then and there on a floppy. Note that this copy will be
signed while you watch, if you wish.

5) After you've gotten it, please take it home, sign it, and send it back to
me.

6) I'll be setting up a keyserver (with Sean's help) specifically for the lug,
where we can all get these keys easily.

With Wayde's permission, I'll do this each month at the meetings.

Finally, in January, I'll be going over all of this at the meeting in a talk
about GPG, PGP, and other encryption issues (though those will be my main
focus). Anybody that has any suggestions, please pass them along. I'll gladly
take them.

--
Michael J. Pedersen
My GnuPG KeyID: 4E724A60        My Public Key Available At: wwwkeys.pgp.net