[lug] Noisy drives; was: Data integrity problems on new machine

Scott A. Herod herod at interact-tv.com
Thu Sep 28 14:58:00 MDT 2000

On the otherhand, when I was recently asked which of two major
Linux PC builders I'd like to get my machine from, my decision was
based on the fact that my experience was that one had a drive that
sounded like a jack-hammer.

( To their credit, the machines they were showing at Linux World were
much quieter. )

Scott