[lug] Noisy drives; was: Data integrity problems on new machine

metcalf at attglobal.net metcalf at attglobal.net
Thu Sep 28 19:42:18 MDT 2000

As for enclosures we've built some using hinged plexiglass lined inside with
"egg-carton" plastic foam.  That does a pretty good muffling job though we
never actually measured the difference, just noted that they sound much
quieter.  I wouldn't want to try this with a heat-generating machine but it
worked okay with P100's.

Norm Metcalf
Boulder CO