[lug] OT - JavaScript advice

John Starkey jstarkey at advancecreations.com
Thu Sep 28 20:05:35 MDT 2000

I know this is a bit OT but hey I am using Linux to code this :}

I was asked to create a JavaScript Personality test for an online
University.

The params:

30 questions
4 possible answers
radio buttons

I can put this together myself with some research but this list contains
some kick-a** coders so I thought I'd ask.

Would you assign individual variables to each question using an array??

or

Would you add to the total with each input?? Which would involve
subtracting the value of the previous everytime a new value is entered.

or

Is there a better way?

&&

what do I use -- <input type="radio" value="my_function( x = 1 )">

This has been done hundreds of times I know. But not by me and I've never
seen any code for this however simple it may be.

TIA,

John