[lug] Re: X won't work!!

John Karns jkarns at csd.net
Fri Sep 29 06:58:06 MDT 2000

Re: AGP hang problem in X on an Asus P5A mobo:

A check of the Asus internet site seems to confirm my doubt about the
board.  There are several flash updates for the BIOS of various mutations
of the P5A.  The update for the BIOS of my board (1.007.A) sites
correction for BIOS failure to recognize the 500Mhz K6-II (whatever that
means - doesn't say "proper recognition", so one might assume that they
are saying the board would act as though there were NO uP).  Nothing about
AGP hang problems though.  I guess I'll find out after flashing the BIOS.
Almost sounds kinda lewd ...

John Karns                                              jkarns at csd.net
Bogota, Colombia                                  Voice: 57-1-341-0300