[lug] laptop installation

llornkcor llornkcor at llornkcor.com
Sun Oct 1 17:06:23 MDT 2000

On Sun, 01 Oct 2000, you wrote:
> Hello,
> Just bought a Toshiba laptop 1605CDS/4.3 window98 in
> 3gig partition and 1gig partition left. Is it going to
> be possible to install suse 7.0 in 1gig partition. I
> read from the site that the professional ver is only 3
> cd's. I have 32 meg ram.

ahh ya... well I have the very same laptop, and installed redhat
linux on a 1 gig partition. and a small swap partition, and lives
very happy there. Except the modem is a software modem, and only
works in windows. PCMCIA works, tho. The xserver is the Mach64. I
think I had to use the framebuffer trick, but I am not sure if
that is required. Maybe only was required for an old XServer
version of the ATI on my desktop.
Make sure that you disable the save to disk hibernate utility in
the BIOS, cause it'll really  fcsk up the ext2 HDD when it goes to
sleep.

I like the laptop because it has a build in cdrom AND floppy drive.

Good luck
LP