[lug] Data integrity problems on new machine

John Karns jkarns at csd.net
Sun Oct 1 14:27:08 MDT 2000

Kinda makes me nervous about using the Asus mobos.  My AGP video problem
(the system locks up hard) persists with a Trident Blade3D chip on a
generic card.  I did get a Trident 3DImage975 card to work, after giving
the SuSE X config utility 'sax' the '-s svga' parm.

I also discovered that the BIOS on my Asus P5A board is up to date, so
I'm stuck with the slower 975 card for now.

On Sat, 30 Sep 2000, Alan Robertson was reputed to have said:

> Alan Robertson
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm running an ASUS A7V motherboard with a 800MHZ Athlon, an IBM IDE hard
> > drive (master on 1st IDE controller), a RealTek SCSI controller with a Ecrix
> > tape drive, a Mitsumi CDR/RW drive (master on 2nd IDE) a 52X IDE CD-ROM
> > (slave on 2nd IDE).
> >
> > Here's my problem:

<snipped>