[lug] O'Reilly Seeks Peer to Peer Survey Participants (fwd)

J. Wayde Allen wallen at its.bldrdoc.gov
Tue Oct 3 02:18:48 MDT 2000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 15:08:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: Denise Olliffe <deniseo at oreilly.com>
To: wallen at boulder.Nist.gov
Subject: O'Reilly Seeks Peer to Peer Survey Participants

Hello,

O'Reilly invites you and your group members to participate in a survey
that will help O'Reilly understand the technical potential of the peer
to peer wave in technology.  The survey information will assist in
developing the structure of an upcoming O'Reilly Conference:  Peer to
Peer (P2P).  Take the survey, and you will be entered to win 10 books
of your choice. For those of you who aren't familiar with peer to peer,
take a look at this article by Andy Oram:
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/linux/2000/09/22/p2psummit.html

to participate in the survey go to:
http://www.oreilly.com/news/p2p_survey.html

The Peer to Peer Conference will take place at the St. Francis Hotel in
San Francisco, February 14 to 16. Early next year we are also
publishing  "Peer-to-Peer: The Disruptive Potential of Collaborative
Networking".

We'd be grateful if you'd fill in the survey and let others know about
its existence.  We feel that an important new technological trend is
building but we don't have a handle on its shape or who's interested in
it.  As you know, we at O'Reilly were at the forefront of the
commercialization of the Internet, the early development of the Web,
and have been a major force behind the growth of Open Source.  Tim
O'Reilly, our founder and CEO, strongly believes that Peer-to-Peer
constitutes another such groundbreaking force for change.

The information in the survey is strictly for our
internal analysis.

Thanks for your support.

:)
Denise