[lug] FTP server question

Scott A. Herod herod at interact-tv.com
Tue Oct 3 10:14:53 MDT 2000

I've got the same problem.  If you watch /var/log/messages you will
see that the ftp connection is accepted but it takes me about 3 min.
to get a prompt.  I'm pretty sure it is a network problem and not
something flaky that reloading will fix.

My machines live on an isolated network and I only have a valid
connection to the world at large when I run PPP.  Another suggestion
that I've heard is that I don't have a gateway specified correctly.
I've not tried real hard to figure out what is wrong yet.

Scott