[lug] A bit confused

Carl.Wagner at Level3.com Carl.Wagner at Level3.com
Tue Oct 3 12:17:43 MDT 2000

I assume that Howard is talking about the proprietary interface Panasonic
cdrom.  I have one of those with the ISA jumper configured SB16 card.

You may have a cdrom interface on the SB16PCI but it is most likely a IDE
interface, not the proprietary Panasonic one.  As far as I know, it is the
proprietary interface that uses the sbpcd driver.

I am sure glad that they standardized on the IDE interface instead of all the
proprietary ones.  (SCSI would have been better though.)

Carl.