[lug] exim ?

J. Wayde Allen wallen at its.bldrdoc.gov
Wed Oct 4 03:01:15 MDT 2000

On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Jeremy J Hinegardner/Boulder/IBM wrote:

> I have mailman working with exim.  As far as I can remember it was a
> pretty
> quick setup to get the two together, its been a while.  I can look at it
> this
> weekend give a quick synopsis.

I'd be kind of interested in knowing a bit more about this if you want to
put together a quick synopsis.  For know, I've got postfix running, and
tht was incredibly painless.

In my current situation the ability to get something running without much
effort was critical.  The config files for exim look somewhat akin to
those for postfix.  What wasn't clear to me was the aliases file format.
Especially, the part where the exim documentation says NOT to put the
mailman aliases in the aliases file, but rather to work it into the mail
system config file <http://www.exim.org/howto/mailman.html>.  This doesn't
look too daunting, but when speed is of the essence I didn't want to risk
breaking my config file and then having to figure out what went wrong.

- Wayde
  (wallen at its.bldrdoc.gov)