[lug] bzImage into lilo.

Bonnell, Doug DBonnell at BreeceHill.com
Wed Oct 4 12:20:19 MDT 2000

Installing the kernel
Check the file "/etc/lilo.conf"  and see what the current setup is. The
config file looks like this:

    image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.0.36-0.7
        label=Linux
        root=/dev/hda1
	read-only

Edit this file once, adding a section for the new kernel as follows:

	image=/boot/nu_vmlinuz
        label=new
        root=/dev/hda1
	read-only

Copy the bzImage which you just made into place (you would say `cp bzImage
/boot/nu_vmlinuz' ).

Run `lilo'

Doug Bonnell