[lug] NETSCAPE USERS - A note from the list administrator

J. Wayde Allen wallen at its.bldrdoc.gov
Fri Oct 6 07:12:50 MDT 2000

On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Kyle Moore wrote:

> Does this happen with all Netscape users? I never get bounced messages
> when I post but I don't know if you catch the bounce and allow them
> manually. Let me know if I have this problem with postings and I will
> change it...just don't like to if I don't have to...one more thing to
> remember.

I don't think that it is a problem with all netscape users, but we do get
a fair share who have this problem.  I try to notify people when bounces
occur, but typing up an explanation is sometimes more trouble than simply
approving the post.  (With mailman I just check the OK box and hit the
send button.)  If you post a lot and your mail bounces, you will usually
get my attention.  The occasional bounced post is not a problem.

The simplest answer is to send yourself an e-mail using your copy of
netscape and check the headers yourself.  Actually this works for any mail
program.  What you need to check is the "from:" and "sender:" headers.
If these are correct, then there shouldn't be any problem.

- Wayde
  (wallen at its.bldrdoc.gov)