[lug] buying computers

Michael Wegener wegener at zulaware.com
Fri Oct 6 16:41:32 MDT 2000

I've used Best Computers for every machine in my office and half the
stuff at home. They're in my building at 5589 Arapahoe. They're
extremely inexpensive and they have great service and are true to their
warranties (which I luckily have rarely had to exercise). Their secret
is close ties to factories in Taiwan. The one caveat is that many of the
components are "generic" and have no driver support or updates for any
OS outside the Win drivers shipped with them (but they also carry major
brands, and beat any price). However, since every machine here runs
Linux (except for the laptop), I have had no problems. Well, *few*
problems...

They run an ad in every copy of "ComputorEdge" and have a shop in
Denver, too.

--M

Hugh Brown wrote:

> Where do people go around here to buy the components for making a
> computer?
>
> Hugh

Michael Wegener
--------------------- wegener at zulaware.com