[lug] RFI Debian vs. Slackware

Michael J. Pedersen marvin at keepthetouch.org
Sat Oct 7 00:20:19 MDT 2000

On Fri, Oct 06, 2000 at 08:00:23PM -0600, B O'Fallon wrote:
> My only complaint is that Debian seems to lag behind datewise in their packages
> (I did take a look at the 2.2 distro to see how much they actually were behind
> compared to others). However, some may view this as a strength, and this
> supposedly contributes to the stability of the system. Each to their own, but I
> would like a little more cutting edge system.

Yeah, they do. However, you can update to the most bleeding edge simply by
updating your sources.list to point to the latest unstable (code-named woody,
if memory serves).  Quite trivial to do, actually. The hard part is waiting
for the downloads of all the new packages :)

--
Michael J. Pedersen
My GnuPG KeyID: 4E724A60        My Public Key Available At: wwwkeys.pgp.net