[lug] defragging

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Sat Oct 7 03:54:12 MDT 2000

For backups, I think Arkeia is quite a bit more user-friendly than BRU if
you're looking at small-business/medium-enterprise stuff for Linux.  They'll
also back up a couple other OS's, and I had no trouble building groups of
tapes/tape drives/and backup schedules with the demo version.

We had a mandate from upper-management to use HP OmniBack if possible, so I
stopped evaluating right after I started, but I liked what I saw.

Earlier last year I also was evaluating BRU, and didn't like it a whole lot,
although its mostly command-line interface would suit well to scripting.

www.arkeia.com -- for more info on Arkeia.