[lug] backup error

Deva Samartha YTAFTDJAHCWS at spammotel.com
Sat Oct 7 16:53:54 MDT 2000

It should show you somewhere in the stderr output, what the
error was.

When I get this error it is most of the time a file which has changed
it's size while being backed up - or a "busy" file, like the
Windows swap file ( on a smb file system).

It can be of  concern since the backup was done with an
error.

save the stderr output to a file and look thru there.

like
tar cvf /dve/ht0 . 1> /tmp/tar1.log 2> /tmp/tar2.log &
tail -f  /tmp/tar2.log

Samartha

To: lug at lug.boulder.co.us Subject: **Fwd: [lug] backup error