q:slackware pkg dependencies, was Re: [lug] RFI Debian vs. Slackware

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Sun Oct 8 13:29:37 MDT 2000

Properly built RPM files will take care of dependencies for you.  Or they're
at least going to warn you that you're missing files you need, really.

There's always the possibility that if you download an RPM from someone who
didn't make it properly it won't ask for any other packages to be loaded
when you 'rpm -i' it.

I've never used Slackware so I have no frame of mind to understand why it
would be difficult to keep dependencies right on Slack.

Nate