[lug] Is ssh alway slower?

Jeff Francis jfrancis at frii.com
Mon Oct 9 09:24:53 MDT 2000

  If your ssh latency is too high, check the compression settings.
With compression turned on, throughput is much higher, but so is
latency.  This is good for some things (like when you're using scp to
move big compressable files), but bad for other things (like editors,
mail programs, etc).  Turning off compression lowers your throughput,
but latency goes back to being more like normal telnet.

--
|      Jeff Francis - N0GQ      |                               | Ack!   |