[lug] Sendmail Relay

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Wed Oct 11 09:41:15 MDT 2000

If there are multiple relays, you may want to check into using the
mailertable feature.  In mc speak,

FEATURE(`mailertable')

and /etc/mail/mailertable can be:

domain1 smtp:relayhost1
domain2 smtp:relayhost2

There are other good features.  For example, you can setup a catch-all
domain entry and also specify no MX matching on the destination (to
avoid MX loops under certain configurations):

.domain3 smtp:[relayhost3]

Read the cf/README file for more details.  I've used this before, and it
works very well.

"Atkinson, Chip" wrote:

> (Red Hat centric) That should be possible.  You need to set the relay host
> to the machine that you are forwarding to and add the acceptable domains to
> /etc/mail/access.  Specifically,
> in /etc/sendmail.cf, add/modify the entry
> DSyourrelayhost
>
> For example,
> DSez0.ezlink.com
>
> Then in /etc/mail/access add the line(s)
> somedomain       RELAY
> someotherdomain  RELAY
>
> cd /etc/mail;make
>
> killall -HUP sendmail
>
> That should do it.  You should then test it by tail -f /var/log/maillog
> whilst sending a message.  Examine your logs to make sure that the message
> went through.
>
> Chip

John Hernandez, Network Engineer --------------------------------------
US Department of Commerce                             tel: 303-497-6392
NOAA/OAR - Mailstop R/OM12                            fax: 303-497-6005
325 Broadway                            e-mail: John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Boulder, CO 80303                               http://boulder.noaa.gov