[lug] oops

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sun Oct 15 00:52:21 MDT 2000

On Fri, Oct 13, 2000 at 07:35:17PM -0600, Rob Riggs wrote:
>Of course I cheated and looked at my /dev/st0 when I
>responded. ;-)

Cheaters never prosper.  ;-)

The first place I look is in "/dev/MAKEDEV".  Doing "cd /dev ; ./MAKEDEV st0"
works for me, and I don't have to cheat and look on another system.
While we're at it, the "mknod" on the RedHat install discs has some sort
of table like this.  For example, if you do "mknod hda1", it will make
a device file of the appropriate type named that in the current
directory.

Sean
--
 Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.
                 -- Fred Brooks