[lug] Netscape button bars

Kyle Moore kmoore at trustamerica.com
Mon Oct 16 13:40:35 MDT 2000

Same thing happens to me with Red Hat 6.2 and Netscape 4.72. I noticed
this originally after install when I try to get rid of some of the crap
they put on the default window. It isn't an issue for me since I want
those setting forever and it stays that way after I restart Netscape.

Looks like it might be a bug to me.

Gary Hodges wrote:

> I'm sure there are correct terms for I'm about to try and describe...
>
> I'm running Netscape 4.75, and am referring to the email and newsgroup
> window.  To the left of the button and address bars there is a skinny
> vertical "button" that minimizes the bar it is associated with.  When the
> entire bar is minimized, the main page then increases in size to fill in the
> space created by minimizing the button bar.  My problem is that once
> minimized, I can't get the button bar back.  I've been dealing with this for
> several weeks, and I suppose a few minutes ago it finally annoyed me enough
> to post about.  I'm currently running Red Hat 6.2  With v6.0 and an older
> version of Netscape, the same thing would happen, but I could get them back
> by shutting down Netscape and restarting.  This seems to be an obvious bug
> since this feature works fine under Win9x.  While the bar is minimized, I can
> see just the very top edge of that vertical button I mentioned earlier.  I'm
> pretty sure I am maximizing the bar, but it just never comes back even after
> shutting down and restarting.
>
> Gary

----
Kyle Moore