[lug] xscanimage broken in KRUD 2000-07-04?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Oct 17 14:01:36 MDT 2000

>>>>> "Michael" == "Michael J Hammel" <mjhammel at graphics-muse.org> writes:

Michael> Is there any reason why xscanimage (from the SANE package)
Michael> wouldn't work in KRUD (ie RH 6.2)?  I haven't tried my

not that I can think of off hand. I don't think we include a sane
package, so you are grabbing one from the sane people?

Michael> scanner since I moved to Houston because I couldn't find my
Michael> power adapter.  Once I found it, I went back and tried
Michael> xscanimage via Gimp and it bombed.  I tried it manually and
Michael> it started (more than it did with Gimp) but then locked up.
Michael> I've tried recompiling both Gimp and SANE, using different
Michael> versions of each, but to no avail.  Is there some reason the
Michael> SANE drivers wouldn't work with this version of RH?  I don't
Michael> think I've tried it since I upgraded to RH 6.2 (from 5.2)
Michael> right before moving to Houston.

not that I can think of. It should work fine...

Michael> I'm running out of ideas on why this device won't work.  My
Michael> tape drive on the same SCSI cable seems to work ok.  All
Michael> connections seem secure.  The device is seen by the driver
Michael> (via the /var/log/messages file).

Michael> Any ideas?

well, you can try and figure out where it's locking up...
try doing  an:

strace xscanimage

and it will spew out all the system calls the application makes, then
see where it's left when it locks up...

You could get the sane src.rpm from redhat 7 and recompile that and
see if it has any better luck.

kevin
--
Kevin Fenzi