[lug] fox toolkit?

ljp ljp at llornkcor.com
Tue Oct 17 14:04:47 MDT 2000

> would love to get some opinion about various toolkits
> around...
>
> fox toolkit has been around quite a bit but i havn't
> heard much mentioned about it. just wondering if any
> users here have something good/bad to mention about
> it?
>
> just out of curiousity, does anyone else in the list
> think gtk is a tad bit slow compared to qt, athena,
> etc? i've tried programming with gtk (linux and win
> port) and some of the surface works seem to give that
> idea.. (esp the way event hookups are done).

I looked into gtk, but thought it was, well, klunkie, and sorta seemed, umm,
thrown together.
I like QT,  but I don't use it on Windows, because of the price. I've looked
into wxwindows, and it seems nice, except you need gtk libs for the windows
version. Haven't tried programming with other libraries.

LP