[lug] Stallman on Linux vs GNU/Linux (fwd)

llornkcor llornkcor at llornkcor.com
Tue Oct 17 18:46:20 MDT 2000

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, you wrote:
> A hearty AMEN to this.

I may not always agree with RMS' opinions, but I read that
interview, and I realized, he's just another freak like me. I think
what changed my mind about him, is that he was living at MIT, not a
student, not a prof., just some GNU freakazoid living on a cot for
16 years! At MIT... how he pulled that one off, I'll never know.
And he's a hell of a lot better programmer than I'll ever be. His
'far-out' ideas basically are changing(ed) the software industry
(in my eyes). Gotta give it to him, he speaks his mind. I have to
respect that, even if I'll never call linux GNU/linux. Its too hard
to type, not to mention say "GNU/linux", its either 3, 2, or 1
extra syllables, (depending on how you pronounce GNU).
Besides, if there was no emacs, I'd have to use ~*gasp*~ vi, or
vim.
:)

my 2 cents-
LP