[lug] Cablenet for an arm and a leg

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Wed Oct 18 13:02:17 MDT 2000

It's a tad less expensive in Boulder.

$0 for initial hookup.  Modem (leased) and NIC provided.  No cable TV
necessary, and they even wired my home office for cable.

$42 and change (including tax) / month, unmetered.

John Karns wrote:

> Yay, cablenet has arrived in Bogota.  The only problem is that the price
> is a little steep:
>
> $340 for initial hookup, which includes the cable modem and a NIC
>
> Then $70 / month with metered access - up to 300 MB / month, $.50 / MB
> after that.
>
> Is this comparable to current rates there in the Front Range?
>
> Thanx

John Hernandez, Network Engineer --------------------------------------
US Department of Commerce                             tel: 303-497-6392
NOAA/OAR - Mailstop R/OM12                            fax: 303-497-6005
325 Broadway                            e-mail: John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Boulder, CO 80303                               http://boulder.noaa.gov