[lug] Redhat 7.0

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Oct 18 23:07:49 MDT 2000

On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 10:35:18PM -0600, John Hernandez wrote:
>Maybe they should just ditch the meaningless release numbers and go with
>something less subjective like "Redhat October 2000."  Or maybe someone
>else has an explanation that makes sense, and I'm just talkin' smack.

It's a "keeping up with the Joneses" thing.  Other places bumped up to the
next major, so...  I can see the 1.2 to 2.0 thing in the kernel, but all
these distros that are at major release 7 are just silly.

Besides, KRUD has them beat as far as big numbers.  This month's release
is over 20 million: 20001002  ;-)

Sean
--
 Actual error message:  "Keyboard not connected.  Press F1 to continue."