[lug] Media converter -- local source?

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Wed Oct 18 23:18:39 MDT 2000

We had a 16-port fast ethernet switch with a 100baseFX uplink go
dead.  Until the replacement gets delivered (probably not until
Friday) I'm trying to get a switch with a 100baseTX uplink to fill
in.  Anyone know where I can get ahold of a 100BASE-TX(UTP) TO
100BASE-FX(SC or ST) MEDIA CONVERTER in Boulder?  It may be worth paying a
premium for the instant gratification in our situation.

Who (if anyone) has the best selection of network gear on the shelf in
town?  Anyone in a position to loan us something for a day?

Wishfully thinking,
John