[lug] Redhat 7.0

llornkcor ljp at llornkcor.com
Sun Oct 22 08:59:14 MDT 2000

> RedHat = Guinness -- They were drinking too much of it the night
> they took the GCC snapshot and decided "it's good enough, ship
> it!".

I have read that Alan Cox said, that they tested the 'new' gcc
extensively before shipping. I trust Alan Cox as a extroidinary
kernel hacker. I am sure that he would have compilained loudly to
his employers, if gcc 2.96 was just "good enough" (even though, to
compile the kernel, RH added kgcc). After reading that statement
he made (I can't find the exact text), I changed my mind about it.
But I still wont be upgrading to it anytime soon.

LP