[lug] Redhat 7.0

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Sun Oct 22 14:28:31 MDT 2000

If memory serves, that wasn't Alan Cox.  That was some other RH guy who
attempted to defend their actions on SlashDot.

He stuck to defending the allegations that RH was not acting like Microsoft,
which was a perfectly defendable position.  They weren't.

He just barely touched on the GCC thing, and I believe your note summarized
what he said, just fine.

Either way, I guess it's all water under the bridge and if I could convince
the PHB's at work to switch to Debian, or better yet for some of the
machines, OpenBSD, I'd do it tomorrow.  :)

Nate