[lug] Redhat 7.0

John Karns jkarns at csd.net
Sun Oct 22 17:01:50 MDT 2000

On Sun, 22 Oct 2000, Nate Duehr was reputed to have said:

> It just dawned on me... I'm sure there *was*, but did anyone here have any
> experience with RedHat 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, or 4.x?
>
> I started at 5.1, or somewhere thereabouts, after watching a friend fight
> his way through some nasty SlackWare stuff back then...

I think I first looked at Red Hat version 3.x.  I also helped a friend try
to deal deal with some of the broken system configuration utilities on his
system which was purchased with RH 4.2 pre-installed.  That has always
been my peeve with RH - broken utilities.  I recently tried installing
Mandrake 7.0 (RH 6.1 based?) and had a similar experience.  That was 2 -3
months ago, and I can't remember specifically which utility it was, but I
believe it was something like adding a new user (an X-based GUI utility).
I'm not sure if it was a Mandrake or RH issue though.