[lug] resolve.conf contents -- origin?

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Mon Oct 23 10:38:48 MDT 2000

Are you using pump or dhcpcd to configure your interface(s)?  I think
their default behavior is to overwrite /etc/resolv.conf with
DHCP-provided resolver configs.  The man page explains how to override
this function.

"Atkinson, Chip" wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Every time I reboot my machine resolve.conf gets over written with the
> old/original values.  I thought I used linuxconf to change the name servers
> that are referenced but they still show up as being the non-current values.
> I'm using RH 6.1.  Any idea where I can look to force the issue?  I could
> always do something lame like put "cat .... > /etc/resolv.conf" in rc.local,
> but that seems rather lame.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Chip

John Hernandez, Network Engineer --------------------------------------
US Department of Commerce                             tel: 303-497-6392
NOAA/OAR - Mailstop R/OM12                            fax: 303-497-6005
325 Broadway                            e-mail: John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Boulder, CO 80303                               http://boulder.noaa.gov