[lug] resolve.conf contents -- origin?

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Mon Oct 23 10:33:43 MDT 2000

I'm using RH 6.2, so this may be different to some degree.

A series of interface definitions and scripts exist in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/; these are divided into definitions of
interfaces, filenames ifcfg-[some interface]; scripts to run when an
interface goes up,
filenames ifup-[some interface]; scripts to run when an interface goes
down,
filenames ifdown-[some interface]; and alias items.

It appears that if you edit a definition file, it will do "the right
thing" whenever the interface comes up or goes down. Save a backup if
you do anything major, but try editing the ifcfg-[some interface] files
for a particular interface.