[lug] cron question

Michael Wegener wegener at zulaware.com
Tue Oct 24 16:46:14 MDT 2000

Thanks Bill and Walter,

By specifying the full path, I can get sitecopy to run (which is the critical
one), however using the full path for echo still shows nothing. Apparently,
the output for cron is redirected to /dev/null or something like that, since I
see no output for anything run by cron. The only generic config file I can
find is /etc/crontab, which is where you set the SHELL and PATH vars. But I
see nothing that would redirect output. Any ideas? True, I'll live if I can't
post reminders to myself to change out the DAT, (I should remember anyway),
but I *must know*...

--M

Bill Jorgensen wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Walter Pienciak wrote:

> > see which file you can set cron's environment from, so they *are* in
> > cron's $PATH.  The first is a lot easier.  The second is a good thing to
> > know.
> >
> > Walter
>
> Agreed. I have also exported a PATH variable in the scripts that I write
> for cron.
>
> Bill Jorgensen

Michael Wegener
--------------------- wegener at zulaware.com