[lug] Web Email...

David Morris boru at frii.com
Thu Oct 26 13:12:51 MDT 2000

I currently take all email, and sort it to several files on my linux
box, where I then use PINE to read new messages in each box.  There
are many times when it would be useful to have access to these email
archive files via the web.

So, the question is:  How can I setup a web page using secure http
that will display the email messages in an intelligent manner?  I
don't need anything fancy...reading mail is all that is required, and
because of the large number of messages, they must be displayed by
subject, date, and sender, and clicking on a particular message brings
up the entire text.  The ability to reply to the mail would be nice,
but not at all necessary.  This program must work with an arbitrary
mail file on the linux system.

I could easily write such a program myself, but there must be
something out there already that does what I want.

Any suggestions?

--David