[lug] Web Email...

Archer Sully archer at meer.net
Thu Oct 26 22:13:04 MDT 2000

Sean Reifschneider wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 02:46:07PM -0600, Archer Sully wrote:
> >IMP.  Its an http to IMAP gateway.  Works pretty well, although no
> >substitute for a real mail reader, IMHO.
>
> IMP is a big, hairy mess.  Apparently it's got a lot of features, but
> I've never gotten it to run (it would probably be easier if you weren't
> trying to use their RPMs, oddly enough).

The way that IMP is structured, rpm's make no sense.  Actually, I
hate rpms anyway.  IMP is actually pretty easy, if laborious, to
install if you are just working from Apache, Horde and PHP.  Yes,
its a big hairy mess, but then nearly everything is (you should
try compiling the product I'm working on now!).

-- archer