[lug] security of mindterm applet?

Jeffrey B. Siegal jbs at quiotix.com
Mon Oct 30 00:52:38 MST 2000

"Ferdinand P. Schmid" wrote:
> On Windows systems it would be fairly easy to listen for and record keystrokes.

Yes, it is.  There are even off-the-shelf keystroke monitoring utilities
designed for employers to be able to spy on their employees (to detect
unauthorized computer/internet use).  I have heard of these being installed by
hackers on on public systems (cybercafes, etc.).

> But that would mean
> somebody would need to also record the corresponding screens...

No, they just need the keystrokes, and then they have your password.

Do not use public systems to log in if you are concerned about the security of
your password.  Use a laptop under your control instead.