[lug] Web Email...

Michael J. Pedersen marvin at keepthetouch.org
Mon Oct 30 08:48:33 MST 2000

On Fri, Oct 27, 2000 at 08:09:26AM -0600, Sean Reifschneider wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 10:13:04PM -0600, Archer Sully wrote:
> >The way that IMP is structured, rpm's make no sense.  Actually, I
>
> Why don't RPMs make sense for it?  My favorite reason for using RPMs
> is that it makes program removal from the system easy, so I'm more
> likely to try various software.  Having to hunt things down under
> /usr/local just sucks.

IMP is actually extremely nice to use. I've got family and friends using it as
their primary email program (despite my saying it shouldn't be). Installation?
Well...

.deb packages were extremely easy to install, if a bit longer than I would
have liked. Dunno about RPMs.

--
Michael J. Pedersen
My GnuPG KeyID: 4E724A60        My Public Key Available At: wwwkeys.pgp.net