[lug] @INC problems

Tkil tkil at scrye.com
Mon Oct 30 21:49:38 MST 2000

>>>>> "John" == John Starkey <jstarkey at advancecreations.com> writes:

John> I think this is a Linux issue not Perl.
John> I'm trying out Neomail after reading the webmail thread.

John> I keep getting an @INC error saying it can't find
John> neomail.conf. The file is in /var/neomail and the error states
John> @INC is pointing there. The conf file is mode 750.

um.  note that this is not world-readable, and that cgis are normally
run as "nobody".  (although you had other cgi config issues, so i have
no idea what you're doing there.  :)

it's a little odd to use @INC to indicate config files, i must say.

John> Anyone know what I'm doing wrong??

in cases like this, i suggest the following information be supplied:

1. an exact copy (cut&paste, no line end munging if possible) of the
   FULL error.

2. the output of "perl -V".

3. whatever bits of your apache config are relevant.  in particular,
   we need to know which user the CGIs are running as.

4. all the files installed by neomail ("ls -lg" format!)

that's a start.

t.